Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Reprieve

What I fantasize about to escape reality is being an astronaut. I imagine myself floating through the classroom carelessly, picking up a pencil or two, writing on the ceiling while chomping an apple I found floating around that came from someone's brown paper lunch bag. I find this relaxing because being able to float through air, ignoring the deteriorating effects it has on your muscles, feels very relaxing. To just imagine it calms me. I imagine myself floating up to the whiteboard, drawing inappropriate pictures, of perhaps, say, genitals, and then floating back to my chair. I won't even need a chair, but I feel like sitting in one just because I'm a boss. Maybe to be more realistic, I would actually probably end up just falling asleep to escape reality. It makes perfect sense, as you sleep you leave reality and enter a dream-state world. It makes perfect sense. That's what I would do, as you dream you are taken away by your own thoughts and a world conjured by your brain itself. I love dreaming, and yes, it is the perfect way to escape reality. The humdrums of daily life.

No comments:

Post a Comment