Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I Hate Poetry

I hate poetry. Simply because poetry is just so meaningless. It's like contemporary art. Actually, don't even get me started on contemporary art. I detest the fact that it even exists. Why people even brand it as "art." It tarnished the word "art" by calling that, which is comparable to bovine excrement, art. Art itself is supposed to be a beautiful thing. An accurate representation of something for a purpose. Contemporary art, someone putting a toilet on a bed. Art? I think not.
Poetry is a different little pickle. If the author/writer/poet whatever they want to call themselves want to express a feeling, then why not just say it? Why not just go, "I'm feeling sad, and this is my story..." rather than trying to sound deep and evoke some sense of feeling that does not exist in the reader? If I really wanted to read meaningless words that are not coupled together in a grammatically or comprehensible manner then I'll go on my computer, press a bunch of random keys and read that. But no, they try to teach this junk in class. I'm insulted and I feel disgusted. I hate poetry. I hate it with a passion. People ask, why do you hate poetry? And I shall retort with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment